OTUNBA WASIU JAYEOLA TAIWO Member, Board of Trustees
Otunba Wasiu Jayeola Taiwo is the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Continental Suites – a luxury hotel of unparalleled standard based in Ibara, the heart of Abeokuta, Chicken Continental and Continental Bread in Ilaro, Wessy Creations Nigeria Limited and he is the Proprietor of Wessy Tailoring & Vocational Institute in Abeokuta.
After his primary and modern school education, he established the Wessy Creations in 1979, with the business headquarters at Ibadan then. He later relocated to Abeokuta from where he went places designing for notable Nigerians within and outside the country.
As a result of this unique and exceptional design, it had earned him recognitions globally through invitations to participate at world class exhibitions shows; the Global Artisan Show, Las Vegas U S A 2015, Source Africa Trade Event 2015, in Cape Town, South Africa, to mention just a few.
With great work and selfless humanitarian service, he was selected for the chairman of Oronna Central Planning Committee, and during his tenure, “Oronna Civic Centre” was completed for the community and Yewa environs at large.
Otunba Wasiu Jayeola Taiwo is a recipient of innumerable meritorious and distinguished awards. Amongst are;
- Award of Honour as Golden Ambassador of Yewaland, by Yewa Wives in Diaspora.
- Award of Excellence, in special recognition of his outstanding contribution to the social services of workers, by AMSWON, Aro Branch, Abeokuta.
- Distinguished Award, by Student Union Government, FCE, Osiele Abeokuta, Ogun State.
- 2012 C.E.O of the Year, by Lisabi Descendant Alliance, Abeokuta Ogun State
- Golden Ambassador for Africa & International Culture by Nigeria Union Tailors Lagos.
- Achievement Award by OGTV (Ogun State Television).
- Distinguish Leadership Award, in recognition of your philanthropic service to humanity, by Black Heritage International, Nigeria, 2014.
- Meritorious Award as Jagunmolu of Ogun State Tailors by TAN Ogun State Chapter.
- Thomas Sankara Leadership Award of Integrity & Transparency as Distinguished West African Personality of the Year 2017, in recognition of your hard work in Fashion World, Hotel Management & Hospitality and Youth Empowerment, by ECOWAS Youth Council, just to mention but few.
- Distinguished Entrepreneur Award by Nigeria Association of Small and Medium Enterprises, Ogun State Chapter.
- Africa Innovation Entrepreneur Award by Rebranding Leadership Development in Africa (RE-LEDA), Africa Leadership Awards, 2020.
Otunba Wasiu Taiwo is the Are Atunrase of Ilaro, and also Otunba Ajito of Joga land.
He is the current National President of the Tailors Association of Nigeria (TAN).